By Smashing Magazine
Responsive layout is not just a brand new method — it's a wholly new frame of mind. This publication, "Responsive Design" (eBook #23), offers an summary on responsive website design, exhibiting many events and methods during which this process will be utilized to. Smartphones, pills, laptops and computer pcs may perhaps proportion an identical layout, that's tailored based on reveal dimension, platform and orientation of every device.
Learn approximately content material prototyping, device-agnostic layout strategy, gracefully degrading media queries and navigation styles to accomplish faultless responsiveness. opt for definitely the right method of a responsive undertaking and steer clear of a few universal blunders — it's worthy it!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Responsive website design: What it's and the way to take advantage of It
- revolutionary And Responsive Navigation
- innovations For Gracefully Degrading Media Queries
- Is There Ever A Justification For Responsive Text?
- how one can Use CSS3 Media Queries To Create A cellular model Of Your Website
- Device-Agnostic method of Responsive net Design
- content material Prototyping In Responsive internet Design
Formats: PDF, EPUB, Kindle (DRM-free)
Pages: one hundred sixty pages
Released: may perhaps 2012
Publisher: Smashing Media GmbH
By Alex Libby
Over 20 functional, hands-on recipes to encode and reveal movies within the HTML5 video standard
* Encode and embed video clips into websites utilizing the HTML5 video standard
* submit movies to renowned websites, reminiscent of YouTube or VideoBin
* supply cross-browser aid for HTML5 video clips and create your personal customized video participant utilizing jQuery
Publishing movies on-line has been round for a few years, even supposing has particularly taken off with the arrival of video sharing websites resembling YouTube. the facility of video is very large if performed good; it could current loads of details in a extra visually enticing demeanour than utilizing written textual content and photographs. performed badly even though – it will possibly current actual difficulties to the corporate or person webhosting the video, that experience the capability to reason a few genuine harm!
"HTML5 Video How-To" is a realistic, hands-on consultant that gives you with a few transparent step by step routines, with a view to assist you reap the benefits of the genuine strength that's at the back of HTML5 video, and provides you a superb grounding in utilizing it on your net pages.
This e-book seems on the HTML5 video codecs on hand, and breaks down the secret and confusion that surrounds which structure to take advantage of. it is going to take you thru a couple of transparent, functional recipes to help you to use the recent HTML5 video commonplace, speedy and painlessly.
You also will the way to construct your individual video participant utilizing jQuery, or by utilizing one of many pre-built libraries on hand. we'll additionally seriously look into including performance reminiscent of lightbox results, or subtitles, in addition to the way to put up movies to renowned website hosting websites, corresponding to YouTube or VideoBin. so as to make the most of utilizing the recent HTML5 video structure, then this can be the publication for you.
You will examine every thing you want to understand to transform video clips into the perfect layout, in addition to the best way to exhibit them on your browser or web content, throughout a number of platforms.
What will you study from this booklet
* changing movies right into a legitimate HTML5 format
* developing playback help for video clips from inside of your websites or browser
* Embedding video clips utilizing the HTML5 standard
* Publishing movies to well known website hosting websites, similar to YouTube or VideoBin
* constructing fall-back help for older browsers
* aid for cross-browser playback, utilizing a HTML5 polyfill
* construction your personal customized video participant utilizing jQuery
* making a topic to be used along with your video player
* including subtitles for your video
* featuring video clips utilizing a "lightbox" effect
This booklet takes the How-to sequence method of assist you research most vital projects via recipes
Who this publication is written for
This booklet is superb for builders new to the HTML5 Video usual, and who're trying to get a very good grounding in how one can use the hot structure. It's assumed that you'll have a few adventure in HTML and jQuery already, in addition to being accustomed to embedding movies utilizing present "old school" equipment, akin to home windows Media participant. Readers are anticipated to have a number of movies on hand, with a view to be used through the routines inside of this book.
By Robin Dewson
Beginning SQL Server for Developers is the appropriate booklet for builders new to SQL Server and making plans to create and installation purposes opposed to Microsoft’s market-leading database process for the home windows platform. Now in its fourth variation, the booklet is superior to hide the very most up-to-date advancements in SQL Server, together with the in-memory beneficial properties which are brought in SQL Server 2014.
Within the publication, there are many examples of projects that builders frequently practice. You’ll learn how to create tables and indexes, and be brought to top practices for securing your precious information. You’ll examine layout tradeoffs and the way to make sound judgements leading to scalable databases and maintainable code.
SQL Server 2014 introduces in-memory tables and kept tactics. it is now attainable to speed up functions by way of developing tables (and their indexes) that live solely in reminiscence, and not on disk. those new, in-memory buildings vary from caching mechanisms of the previous, and make attainable the terribly speedy execution of specific sorts of queries akin to are utilized in company intelligence functions. Beginning SQL Server for builders helps you understand the guarantees of this new function set whereas warding off pitfalls which may ensue whilst blending in-memory tables and code with conventional, disk-based tables and code.
Beginning SQL Server for Developers takes you thru the complete database improvement method, from fitting the software program to making a database to writing the code to connect with that database and circulation information out and in. by way of the tip of the publication, you’ll have the capacity to layout and create stable and trustworthy database suggestions utilizing SQL Server.
- Takes you thru the full database software improvement lifecycle
- Includes fresh insurance of the in-memory features
- Introduces the freely-available show Edition
App Engine's Python help contains a quick Python 2.7 interpreter, the normal library, and a Wsgi-based runtime atmosphere. choose between many well known net program frameworks, together with Django and Flask.
- Get a hands-on advent to App Engine's instruments and lines, utilizing an instance application
- Simulate App Engine in your improvement computing device with instruments from Google Cloud Sdk
- Structure your app into separately addressable modules, each one with its personal scaling configuration
- Exploit the facility of the scalable Cloud Datastore, utilizing queries, transactions, and information modeling with the ndb library
- Use Cloud Sql for normal relational databases with App Engine applications
- Learn how one can install, deal with, and check out your program on Google infrastructure
By Peter Gasston
A consultant to fashionable internet Development
Today's internet applied sciences are evolving at near-light velocity, bringing the promise of a continuing net ever towards fact. whilst clients can browse the net on a three-inch telephone display as simply as on a fifty-inch HDTV, what is a developer to do?
Learn how to:
- Plan your content material in order that it monitors fluidly throughout a number of devices
- Design web pages to engage with units utilizing the main up to date APIs, together with Geolocation, Orientation, and net Storage
- Incorporate cross-platform audio and video with no utilizing problematical plug-ins
- Make photos and photographs scalable on high-resolution units with SVG
- Use robust HTML5 components to layout higher forms
Turn superseded web content into versatile, ordinary ones that take complete benefit of the original features of any gadget or browser. With assistance from The sleek Web, you will be able to navigate front strains of device-independent development.
By Chris Minnick
Get up to the mark at the engine that powers Safari and Google Chrome
What do the net browsers on iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry, Kindle, and Nokia have in universal with Google Chrome and Apple Safari? WebKit powers all of them. This advisor exhibits you ways to create websites and cellular internet apps utilizing WebKit. learn how to use all of the developer instruments, the most recent internet criteria, and WebKit's designated types and features to create beautiful, interactive websites for cellular and computer display.
Explores how WebKit helps HTML5 and CSS3, offering a wide toolkit for growing quicker and higher cellular sites* Explains how one can create web content for either cellular and laptop exhibit utilizing WebKit* Covers buying and fitting the developer instruments, development web content, debugging and deploying them, and benefiting from WebKit features to create quicker, extra beautiful, and extra interactive sites
With cellular units proliferating at a swift cost, there's by no means been a greater time to benefit all in regards to the engine that powers the top cellular browser. WebKit For Dummies teaches you to create websites that utilize every little thing WebKit has to provide.
By Avinash Kaushik
Adeptly handle today’s company demanding situations with this robust new publication from internet analytics inspiration chief Avinash Kaushik. Web Analytics 2.0 provides a brand new framework that may completely swap the way you take into consideration analytics. It offers particular options for growing an actionable procedure, using analytical ideas appropriately, fixing demanding situations similar to measuring social media and multichannel campaigns, attaining optimum luck through leveraging experimentation, and using strategies for really hearing your buyers. The ebook can assist your company turn into extra information pushed whenever you turn into a brilliant research ninja!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and different supplementary fabrics aren't integrated as a part of booklet file.
By Leonard Richardson, Sam Ruby, Mike Amundsen
The recognition of relaxation lately has ended in great progress in almost-RESTful APIs that don't contain some of the architecture's advantages. With this sensible consultant, you'll study what it takes to layout usable relaxation APIs that evolve through the years.
By targeting strategies that move quite a few domain names, this e-book indicates you ways to create robust and safe functions, utilizing the instruments designed for the world's so much winning allotted computing method: the area extensive Web.
You'll discover the techniques in the back of relaxation, examine diversified recommendations for developing hypermedia-based APIs, after which positioned every little thing including a step by step consultant to designing a RESTful internet API.
• learn API layout techniques, together with the gathering trend and natural hypermedia
• know the way hypermedia ties representations jointly right into a coherent API
• observe how XMDP and ALPS profile codecs may also help meet the net API "semantic challenge"
• examine as regards to two-dozen standardized hypermedia information formats
• observe most sensible practices for utilizing HTTP in API implementations
• Create net APIs with the JSON-LD average and different the associated information approaches
• comprehend the CoAP protocol for utilizing leisure in embedded systems
Get able to unencumber the ability of your facts. With the fourth version of this complete consultant, you’ll how you can construct and hold trustworthy, scalable, allotted structures with Apache Hadoop. This e-book is perfect for programmers trying to research datasets of any dimension, and for directors who are looking to manage and run Hadoop clusters.
Using Hadoop 2 completely, writer Tom White provides new chapters on YARN and a number of other Hadoop-related tasks equivalent to Parquet, Flume, Crunch, and Spark. You’ll find out about fresh adjustments to Hadoop, and discover new case reports on Hadoop’s position in healthcare structures and genomics info processing.
- Learn basic elements comparable to MapReduce, HDFS, and YARN
- Explore MapReduce extensive, together with steps for constructing functions with it
- Set up and hold a Hadoop cluster working HDFS and MapReduce on YARN
- Learn facts codecs: Avro for facts serialization and Parquet for nested data
- Use facts ingestion instruments comparable to Flume (for streaming facts) and Sqoop (for bulk facts transfer)
- Understand how high-level facts processing instruments like Pig, Hive, Crunch, and Spark paintings with Hadoop
- Learn the HBase disbursed database and the ZooKeeper allotted configuration service
Discover how effortless it's to layout killer interfaces and responsive web content with the Bootstrap framework. This sensible ebook will get you all started construction pages with Bootstrap’s HTML/CSS-based instruments and layout templates without delay. You’ll additionally methods to expand your app with interactive positive aspects, utilizing its suite of jQuery plugins—often with no writing a unmarried line of code.
- Become acquainted with Bootstrap’s dossier constitution, grid structures, and box layouts
- Learn HTML components for typography, code, tables, varieties, buttons, photos, and icons
- Design interfaces and different net components, corresponding to navigation, breadcrumbs, and customized modal windows
- Use jQuery plugins for positive aspects similar to revolving slideshows, tabbable interfaces, and dropdown menus
- Modify every thing from column count number to typography colours with the fewer stylesheet language