By Rob Crowther, Ash Blue, Greg Wanish
HTML5 in Action offers an entire advent to net improvement utilizing HTML5. you are going to discover each point of the HTML5 specification via real-world examples and code samples. it is even more than simply a specification reference, even though. It lives as much as the identify HTML5 in Action by means of supplying you with the sensible, hands-on suggestions you will need to exploit key features.
About the Technology
HTML5 isn't really a number of new tags and contours further to an outdated standard—it's the root of the trendy net, permitting its interactive prone, single-page UI, interactive video games, and complicated enterprise functions. With aid for standards-driven cellular app improvement, robust positive aspects like neighborhood garage and WebSockets, fantastic audio and video APIs, and new format concepts utilizing CSS3, SVG, and Canvas, HTML5 has entered its leading time.
About the Book
HTML5 in Action offers an entire advent to net improvement utilizing HTML5. It explores the HTML5 specification via real-world examples and code samples. It earns the identify "in motion" through supplying you with the sensible, hands-on tips you have to to optimistically construct the websites and functions you—and your clients—have been in need of for years.
This publication concentrates on new HTML5 good points and assumes you're acquainted with normal HTML.
Purchase of the print ebook encompasses a loose publication in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
- New semantic components and shape enter types
- Single-page program design
- Creating interactive graphics
- Mobile internet apps
About the Authors
Rob Crowther is an online developer and blogger and the writer of Manning's Hello! HTML5 & CSS3. Joe Lennon is an firm cellular software developer. Ash Blue builds award-winning interactive initiatives. Greg Wanish is an self sustaining net and eCommerce developer.
Table of Contents
- HTML5: from files to applications
- Form construction: enter widgets, information binding, and knowledge validation
- File modifying and administration: wealthy formatting, dossier garage, drag and drop
- Messaging: speaking to and from scripts in HTML5
- Mobile purposes: customer garage and offline execution
- 2D Canvas: low-level, second pics rendering
- SVG: responsive in-browser graphics
- Video and audio: taking part in media within the browser
- WebGL: 3D program development
PART 1 INTRODUCTION
PART 2 BROWSER-BASED APPS
PART three INTERACTIVE pics, MEDIA, AND GAMING
- Plus 10 Appendixes
App Engine's Python help features a quickly Python 2.7 interpreter, the traditional library, and a Wsgi-based runtime atmosphere. choose between many well known net software frameworks, together with Django and Flask.
- Get a hands-on advent to App Engine's instruments and contours, utilizing an instance application
- Simulate App Engine in your improvement laptop with instruments from Google Cloud Sdk
- Structure your app into separately addressable modules, every one with its personal scaling configuration
- Exploit the facility of the scalable Cloud Datastore, utilizing queries, transactions, and information modeling with the ndb library
- Use Cloud Sql for normal relational databases with App Engine applications
- Learn find out how to install, deal with, and check up on your software on Google infrastructure
Graphics programmers are not the one ones who must be expert with pics. internet and functions programmers be aware of boring online page might be fast reworked into one that is fascinating and energetic with using well-planned snap shots. and fortuitously, you do not need the talents of a fulltime images programmer to exploit snap shots successfully. From entry counters and log record graphs to clinical plots and on-the-fly lively GIFs, pictures scripting is in the snatch of so much net programmers. utilizing open resource software program, like Perl, you have got the ability to dynamically generate photographs in keeping with person enter and task, simply control pics content material, and optimize pictures for compression and quality.Geared towards Perl clients and site owners, Perl photos Programming specializes in open-source scripting courses that control pictures documents to be used on the internet. The ebook demystifies the manipulation of pictures codecs for rookies to the net with a realistic, resource-like strategy. With this publication you are going to examine to:
- Generate dynamic internet pictures with charts, tables, and buttons
- Automate pics initiatives (thumbnails and borders)
- Create dynamics internet files (PDF, Postscript)
- Produce wealthy web reports with Flash and SVG
You'll start with a journey of the commonest internet photo dossier formats--PNG, JPEG, GIF, SWF, SVG, Postscript and PDF--then you are going to discover the main robust instruments and Perl modules on hand for manipulating those pix, resembling GD, PerlMagick, and GIMP. integrated during this a part of the e-book is a radical description of the Ming module for developing on-the-fly Flash documents. subsequent, a "cookbook" part contains useful, all objective recipes: GIF animation, producing photographs inside a dynamic software, speaking among SWF front-end and Perl back-end, XSLT modifications, compression, and lots more and plenty more.Perl programmers obviously flip to Perl to take on no matter what problem they've got to hand, and photos programming is not any exception. Perl pictures Programming presents the entire instruments you must commence programming and designing snap shots for the net instantly. This ebook will switch the way you take into consideration producing and manipulating photographs for the Web.
By David Mercer
Publisher: Packt Publishing
Publication Date: 2010-09-07
Number of Pages: 416
This booklet presents how to study and grasp Drupal 7, allowing you to create almost any kind of site. It meets the booming call for for good provided, transparent, concise, and certainly functional details on easy methods to layout and construct websites like a professional.
By Craig Grannell, Victor Sumner, Dionysios Synodinos
The crucial consultant to HTML5 and CSS3 net Design has been totally revised from its seriously acclaimed first variation, and up-to-date to incorporate the entire new positive aspects and top practices of HTML5 and CSS3. This book reveals all you will need to design nice websites which are standards-compliant, usable, and aesthetically exciting, yet it won't crush you with waffle, conception, or vague details!
you can find The crucial consultant to HTML5 and CSS3 net Design invaluable at any degree of your occupation, with its mix of functional tutorials and reference fabric. novices will fast choose up the fundamentals, whereas more matured internet designers and builders will maintain returning to the ebook repeatedly to learn up on ideas they might not have used for your time, or to look up houses, attributes and different information. This booklet is destined to turn into a detailed good friend, adopting an enduring position in your table.
The crucial advisor to HTML5 and CSS3 internet Design begins with a quick advent to the internet and website design, prior to diving directly in to HTML5 and CSS3 fundamentals, reusing code, and different top practices you could undertake. The booklet then focuses on an important parts of a profitable site: typography, photographs, navigation, tables, layouts, types and suggestions (including ready-made Hypertext Preprocessor scripts) and browser quirks, hacks and insects.
The crucial consultant to HTML5 and CSS3 internet Design is totally up to date, masking help of the latest criteria in all of the newest browsers, together with IE 9 and Firefox four. The final bankruptcy of the ebook offers numerous case reviews to dissect and examine from, together with all of the most well liked website archetypes―a web publication, a shop entrance, a company domestic web page, and a web gallery. you are going to additionally enjoy numerous targeted reference appendices protecting CSS, HTML, colour references, entities, and more―any info you must search for can be shut at hand.
By Ben Frain
Produce and retain cross-browser CSS documents more straightforward than ever sooner than with the Sass CSS preprocessor and its spouse authoring framework, Compass
• uncomplicated, transparent, and thorough. This booklet guarantees you don’t must be a programming mastermind to wield the facility of Sass and Compass!
• formerly difficult and time-consuming CSS initiatives becomes trivial. simply produce cross-browser CSS3 gradients, shadows, and modifications in addition to photograph sprites, facts URIs, and more.
• keep on with besides fitting, establishing, and dealing via a whole undertaking, enforcing the Sass and Compass options and instruments as we go.
The CSS preprocessor, Sass, is changing into the de-facto typical for generating cross-browser CSS extra maintainable and with extra ease. It supercharges CSS with positive aspects that make formerly tough and time-consuming initiatives trivial. This booklet concentrates on distilling the suggestions in an easy demeanour making it available to all, even to those who in basic terms comprehend HTML and CSS.
Written via the writer of the bestselling "Responsive website design with HTML5 and CSS3", Sass and Compass for Designers will clarify every thing you must get Sass and Compass put in, mastered, and making your lifestyles more straightforward. there'll be no difficult terminology or baffling syntax left unexplained. We'll get you put up after which construct a domain jointly, step-by-step, utilizing the excellent strength of Sass and Compass.
We will commence with a very unstyled HTML record and construct a responsive Sass and Compass powered site step by way of step.
Sass and Compass make CSS effortless. You'll control colour within the stylesheet with a unmarried command, create responsive grids very easily, immediately create picture sprites, and create CSS3 powered ideas that paintings throughout all sleek browsers.
"Sass and Compass for Designers" explains the way to produce nice CSS more straightforward than ever before.
What you are going to study from this book
• set up Sass and Compass in your procedure after which arrange and hold Sass and Compass powered projects!
• the right way to simply manage colours; tinting, shading, blending, and complementing current shades on your stylesheets turns into a cinch.
• Make your personal responsive CSS-based structure grid that scales throughout any viewport without additional markup needed.
• Create media query-based CSS principles along latest types, making responsive site development simpler.
• discover Compass’s many helpers and instruments. You’ll discover ways to embed photos and fonts and bring complicated cross-browser CSS3.
• Create ideal picture sprites with Compass in moments.
• the right way to create loops with Sass to automate repetitive CSS tasks.
• know how to compartmentalize code, making your CSS extra maintainable, comprehensible, and modular than ever before.
A step by step instructional advisor, taking you thru how you can construct a responsive Sass and Compass powered website.
Who this booklet is written for
If you realize HTML and CSS, this booklet is all you must take your code to the subsequent point with Sass and Compass. No earlier knowing of CSS preprocessors or programming conventions is needed.
By Joel Sklar
Joel Sklar has written the definitive textual content for website design, rules OF website design, 5th variation guiding readers in the course of the complete website construction technique, whereas constructing and embellishing your HTML, CSS, and visible layout talents alongside the way in which. Now up-to-date to incorporate the most recent website design applied sciences and traits, this 5th version good points all-new sections on HTML5, CSS3, CSS web page layouts, and more suitable navigation in addition to technical updates and new display pictures all through. starting with the internet layout surroundings and the rules of sound website design, readers will proceed to making plans website structure and navigation, and development to internet typography, colours and photographs, operating with CSS, and extra. Armed with a beneficial knowing and many hands-on actions, readers will achieve a fantastic origin of designing winning, standards-based sites which are transportable throughout varied working platforms, browsers, and net units. better half web site to be had at no extra price www.joelsklar.com/pwd5.
Take benefit of the enhanced functionality and diminished reminiscence necessities of personal home page model 7, and learn how to make the most of the hot integrated Hypertext Preprocessor services and contours similar to typed variable enforcement with declare(strict_types=1) and the recent on hand information kinds, scalar variety declarations for functionality arguments and go back statements, consistent arrays utilizing define(), argument unpacking with the ... operator, integer department with intdiv(), the null coalesce operator, the spaceship operator, new exception forms, and enhancements to current features.
After examining and utilizing this publication, you are going to come away having equipped a completely useful personal home page and jQuery net program that you should reapply as a template in your personal specific net application.
After examining and utilizing this publication, you will come away knowing a completely practical personal home page utilizing jQuery net software case learn so you might reapply as a template on your personal specific internet application.
Moreover, from personal home page 7, you will get uniform variable syntax, the AST-based compilation method, the extra Closure::call(), bitwise shift consistency throughout systems, the (null coalesce) operator, Unicode codepoint break out syntax, go back kind declarations, and new and more straightforward extensions improvement with aid for redis, MongoDB and masses more.
By Alper Dincer, Balkan Uraz
This e-book can assist you employ the superb source that's Google Maps for your personal ends. From displaying maps on mobiles to making GIS functions, this full of life, recipe-packed advisor is all you wish.
- Add in your website's performance by using Google Maps' power
- Full of code examples and screenshots for sensible and effective learning
- Empowers you to construct your individual mapping program from the floor up
This publication starts off by means of protecting the necessities of together with uncomplicated maps for internet and cellular, including vector and raster layers, styling your personal base maps, developing your personal controls and responding to occasions, and together with your personal events.
What you'll research from this book
- Create easy maps and exhibit them on cellular devices
- Style your individual base maps
- Add your personal tile maps as base maps or overlays
- Show vector layers on base maps in a variety of forms reminiscent of issues, polylines or polygons
- Parse a number of vector codecs equivalent to KML, GeoRSS, GeoJSON, WKT, and so on
- Create a customized UI and customise your individual how you can regulate it
- Respond to varied occasions together with cellular gestures
- Add extra libraries to increase the features of the API
- Work with Google providers for geocoding, instructions, StreetView, and so on
- Integrate open resource or advertisement GIS servers or services
Google Maps API Cookbook follows a fast paced, high-level, based cookbook method, with minimum idea and an abundance of sensible, real-world examples defined in an intensive but concise demeanour that will help you examine quick and efficiently.
Who this publication is written for
By Mario Heiderich, Eduardo Alberto Vela Nava, Gareth Heyes, David Lindsay
Web functions are used each day through thousands of clients, that's why they're some of the most well known vectors for attackers. Obfuscation of code has allowed hackers to take one assault and create hundreds-if now not millions-of editions that could ward off your security features. Web program Obfuscation takes a glance at universal internet infrastructure and protection controls from an attacker's standpoint, permitting the reader to appreciate the shortcomings in their defense platforms. learn how an attacker could skip varieties of safety controls, how those very safeguard controls introduce new forms of vulnerabilities, and the way to prevent universal pitfalls so as to advance your defenses.
- Named a 2011 top Hacking and Pen checking out booklet via InfoSec Reviews
- Looks at defense instruments like IDS/IPS which are usually the one protection in maintaining delicate information and assets
- Evaluates net software vulnerabilties from the attacker's viewpoint and explains how those very structures introduce new kinds of vulnerabilities
- Teaches the right way to safe your facts, together with details on browser quirks, new assaults and syntax tips to upload in your defenses opposed to XSS, SQL injection, and more