By Jeffrey Zeldman
This is often an particular and specific consultant, an clever "how-to" e-book for execs. It lays the foundation and creates context by means of exploring crucial techniques, defines phrases which may be new or surprising, after which strikes ahead with sensible software program suggestions. the entire whereas it's construction at the latest wisdom and adventure of its specialist layout viewers. Taking Your expertise to the net relies at the Populi Curriculum in internet Communications layout, constructed via Jeffrey Zeldman in cooperation with Populi, Inc., (www.populi.com) and the Pratt Institute. The book's goal is to lead conventional artwork administrators and print designers as they extend their present careers to incorporate the recent box website design.
By Timothy Plummer
Joomla three is the 1st of the key open resource content material administration platforms that was once intended to be cellular pleasant via default. Joomla makes use of object-oriented ideas, is database agnostic, and has the easiest mixture of performance, extensibility, and person friendliness. upload to that the truth that Joomla is totally neighborhood pushed, and you have got a successful mixture that's on hand to everybody, and is the best platform to construct your individual customized applications.
"Learning Joomla! three Extension improvement, 3rd Edition" is an built-in sequence of sensible, hands-on tutorials that consultant you thru development and increasing Joomla plugins, modules, and elements. With Joomla having been downloaded good over 35 million instances, there's a large marketplace for Joomla extensions, so that you may perhaps in all likelihood earn a few additional cash on your spare time utilizing your newly bought Joomla extension improvement skills.
We will commence with constructing basic plugins and modules, after which growth to extra complicated backend and frontend part improvement. Then we are going to test our hand at moral hacking, so that you will know about universal safety vulnerabilities and what you are able to do to prevent them. After that we are going to examine how one can arrange your extensions for distribution and updates, in addition to how one can expand your parts with numerous plugins and modules. ultimately, you'll prove with an absolutely functioning package deal of extensions for you to use by yourself website or percentage with others.
If you need to construct your personal customized purposes in Joomla, then "Learning Joomla! three Extension improvement, 3rd Edition" will train you every thing you want to comprehend in a realistic, hands-on demeanour.
By Louis Lazaris, Estelle Weyl, Alexis Goldstein
HTML5 & CSS3 for the true World will enable you create dynamic web content utilizing those new applied sciences. No fluff or hype the following â€“ purely enjoyable, potent suggestions you can begin utilizing today.
This easy-to-follow advisor covers every little thing you must comprehend to start this day. Youâ€™ll grasp the hot semantic markup to be had in HTML5, in addition to find out how to use CSS3 with out sacrificing fresh markup or resorting to advanced workarounds.
This ebook will train you ways to:
* comprehend the recent semantic markup to be had in HTML5
* set kind that really helps your message with @font-face
* construct clever, self-validating net varieties your clients will love!
* build smooth net apps that shine in a cellular environment
* create data-rich, effective photographs at the fly with SVG and canvas
* use shiny-new APIs so as to add geolocation and offline functionality
This easy-to-follow consultant is illustrated with plenty of examples and there's additionally a funky demo website to paintings with!
By Jurg van Vliet
If you propose to take advantage of Amazon internet prone to run purposes within the cloud, the end-to-end strategy during this ebook will prevent useless trial and blunder. you will discover functional directions for designing and development purposes with Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and a number of helping AWS instruments, with a spotlight on severe matters equivalent to load balancing, tracking, and automation.
How do you progress an latest program to AWS, or layout your program in order that it scales successfully? How a lot garage will you require? Programming Amazon EC2 not just is helping you start, it is going to additionally preserve you going as soon as you are effectively situated within the cloud. This ebook is a must-read for program architects, builders, and administrators.
- Determine your application's lifecycle and determine the AWS instruments you need
- Learn the right way to construct and run your program as a part of the improvement process
- Migrate easy net purposes to the cloud with EC2, Amazon uncomplicated garage carrier, and CloudFront content material delivery
- Meet site visitors call for with EC2's car Scaling and Elastic Load Balancing
- Decouple your program utilizing easy Queue provider, uncomplicated Notification provider, and different tools
- Use the appropriate instruments to reduce downtime, increase uptime, and deal with your decoupled system
"Jurg and Flavia have performed an excellent task during this ebook construction a realistic consultant on tips to construct actual platforms utilizing AWS."
--Werner Vogels, vice president & CTO at Amazon.com
Laptop Arts journal is the world’s best-selling inventive journal. Get desktop Arts electronic journal this present day for useful talents and specialist suggestion that can assist you develop into a greater dressmaker. It showcases the easiest representation, image layout, typography and website design besides recommendation from companies and electronic artists. Our workshops might help you create an iconic model, layout your individual characters, take your paintings onto cellular systems or grasp the latest complicated Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and different artistic Suite abilities.
By Peter Ledbrook, Glen Smith
Grails in motion, moment Edition is a accomplished advent to Grails 2 occupied with making you super-productive quickly. during this absolutely revised new version, you will grasp Grails 2.3 center talents as you follow TDD suggestions to constructing a full-scale Twitter clone. alongside the way in which you are going to study the newest single-page internet app UI innovations, paintings with NoSQL backends, combine with company messaging, and enforce a whole RESTful API in your companies.
Purchase of the print e-book features a loose book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
It might be time so that you can cease reconfiguring, rewriting, and recompiling your Java net apps. Grails, a Groovy-powered internet framework, hides all that busy paintings so that you can pay attention to what your purposes do, no longer how they're outfitted. as well as its famously intuitive dev setting and seamless integration with Spring and Hibernate, the recent Grails 2.3 provides greater leisure help, greater safety opposed to assaults from the net, and higher dependency resolution.
About the Book
Grails in motion, moment Edition is a complete advent to Grails 2. during this absolutely revised variation you will grasp Grails as you follow TDD recommendations to a full-scale instance (a Twitter clone). alongside the best way you are going to study single-page internet app concepts, paintings with NoSQL again ends, combine with company messaging, enforce a RESTful API ... and more.
No Java or Groovy wisdom is needed. a few net improvement and OOP event is helpful.
- Covers Grails 2.3 from the floor up
- Agile supply and trying out utilizing Spock
- How to exploit and deal with plugins
- Tips and methods from the trenches
About the Authors
There's no replacement for adventure: Glen Smith and Peter Ledbrook were furnishings within the Grails neighborhood, contributing code, running a blog, and conversing at meetings world wide, due to the fact Grails 0.2.
Table of Contents
- Grails in a hurry
- The Groovy essentials
- Modeling the area 63
- Creating the preliminary UI
- Retrieving the knowledge you need
- Controlling software flow
- Services and information binding
- Developing tasty varieties, perspectives, and layouts
- Building trustworthy applications
- Using plugins: simply upload water
- Protecting your application
- Exposing your app to different programs
- Single-page internet purposes (and different UI stuff)
- Understanding Spring and transactions
- Understanding occasions, messaging, and scheduling
- NoSQL and Grails
- Beyond assemble, try out, run
- Grails within the cloud
- Advanced GORM kung fu
- Developing plugins
PART 1 INTRODUCING GRAILS
PART 2 middle GRAILS
PART three daily GRAILS
PART four complex GRAILS
BONUS on-line CHAPTERS
By Aaron Brazell
Get the most recent observe at the largest self-hosted running a blog device at the market
Within every week of the declaration of WordPress 3.0, it have been downloaded over 1000000 occasions. you can now get at the bandwagon of this well known open-source running a blog instrument with WordPress Bible, second variation. even if you are a informal blogger or programming seasoned, this entire consultant covers the most recent model of WordPress, from the fundamentals via complex program improvement. for you to completely examine WordPress, this is often the booklet you must succeed.
- Explores the rules of running a blog, advertising and marketing, and social media interaction
- Shows you the way to put in and keep WordPress
- Thoroughly covers WordPress fundamentals, then ramps as much as complicated topics
- Guides you thru top safeguard practices as either a consumer and a developer
- Helps you improve your blog?s findability in significant se's and create customizable and dynamic themes
- Author keeps a high-profile web publication within the WordPress group, Technosailor.com
- Tech edited through Mark Jaquith, one of many lead builders of WordPress
The WordPress Bible is the one source you want to study WordPress from commencing to end.
By Karen McGrane
Paperback: one hundred sixty five pages
You don't get to make a decision which platform or machine your shoppers use to entry your content material: they do.
Mobile isn't simply smartphones, and it doesn't inevitably suggest you're at the circulate. It's a proliferation of units, structures, and screensizes - from the tiniest "dumb" telephones to the machine net. how will you be sure your content material will paintings all over, the entire time?
Karen McGrane will train you every little thing you want to get your content material onto cellular units (and more). You'll first assemble info that can assist you make the case for a cellular method, then the way to post flexibly to a number of channels. alongside the best way, you'll get useful suggestion on adapting your workflow to an international of rising units, systems, reveal sizes, and resolutions. And all within the much less time than it takes you to fly from long island to Chicago.
Your content material, Now Mobile
content material sooner than Platform
process and Planning
Writing and Editing
humans and technique
By Brian Messenlehner, Jason Coleman
The authors use examples from their lately published SchoolPress app to provide an explanation for strategies and strategies in the course of the ebook. All code examples can be found on GitHub.
- Compare WordPress with conventional app improvement frameworks
- Use topics for perspectives, and plugins for backend functionality
- Get feedback for selecting WordPress plugins—or construct your own
- Manage consumer debts and roles, and entry consumer data
- Build asynchronous behaviors on your app with jQuery
- Develop local apps for iOS and Android, utilizing wrappers
- Incorporate personal home page libraries, exterior APIs, and internet carrier plugins
- Collect funds via ecommerce and club plugins
- Use suggestions to hurry up and scale your WordPress app
By Jayaram Krishnaswamy
For a newcomer to SQL Reporting companies 2012, issues can appear a piece daunting, yet this publication will ease your route to changing into a professional. transparent directions and screenshots could have you producing studies in no time.
- Build purposes utilizing the newest Microsoft applied sciences: SSIS 2012, SSDT, WPF, and SharePoint 2010
- Reach out to the cloud and grasp home windows Azure Reporting Services
- Learn the bits and bobs of SQL Server Reporting prone 2012 for local and SharePoint built-in modes
- Step-by-step studying, guided through plenty of screenshots in each bankruptcy makes it a simple
In the current day information-centric global we are living in, the good fortune of an firm relies significantly on how its details is generated, dealt with, and disseminated. With plentiful screenshots and over sixty five hands-on routines, this ebook will advisor you without problems via growing leading edge stories utilizing SQL Server Reporting companies 2012, local and completely built-in with SharePoint Server 2010 together with new positive factors like strength View and knowledge Alerts.
"Learning SQL Server Reporting prone 2012" gets you begun correct from deploy after which circulation directly to configuration of SQL Server Reporting companies 2012. begin studying correct from bankruptcy 1 and construct your ability to create reviews utilizing the newest instruments and installation them to the most recent servers, either local and SharePoint. No guessing; you'll study all—Power View, info indicators, SQL Azure Reporting,the most up-to-date Reporting prone contraptions, and more.
"Learning SQL Server Reporting companies 2012" is a definitive advisor to a step by step, metered method of get a leap begin at the most up-to-date gains in SQL Server Reporting Services.Reporting providers in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 is extra tightly built-in not just with the Microsoft company Stack but additionally with SharePoint, home windows Azure, and the visible Studio suite of goods, with many new features.
You will set up and configure the toolset to paintings with SSRS 2012 built-in with SharePoint 2010. utilizing SQL Server information instruments, you'll writer experiences and install. you'll know about safety to paintings with document supervisor and relevant management in SharePoint. utilizing file Builder, you are going to know about authoring leading edge experiences. you'll create Tabular types and start experiencing the joys of constructing energy View Reports.
What you'll examine from this book
- Install SQL Server 2012, SharePoint Server 2010, and configure Reporting companies either local and SharePoint built-in on home windows 7
- Install SSDT and writer stories, either neighborhood and distant, and installation them to file servers
- Develop computer and internet functions through the use of document Viewer controls
- Author other kinds of stories with the most recent contraptions via operating with file Builder
- Manage entry to the file server, record scheduling, record supply, record uploads, and downloads with record Manager
- Create Tabular types with SQL Server research prone and install them to SSAS Server utilizing SSDT
- Author strength View stories out of your SharePoint web site and export them as strength element files
- Learn to create facts pushed signals in SharePoint and visual display unit them on SQL Agent on SSMS
- Work with SQL Azure Reporting providers utilizing home windows Azure Portal and SSMS
- Write purposes in SSIS and WPF to entry experiences and entry local server experiences from SharePoint Site