By Yannis Haralambous
This reference is an engaging and whole advisor to utilizing fonts and typography on the net and throughout a number of working structures and alertness software program. Fonts & Encodings indicates you the way to take complete benefit of the tremendous variety of typographic thoughts on hand, with complicated fabric that covers every little thing from designing glyphs to constructing software program that creates and techniques fonts.
The period of ASCII characters on eco-friendly monitors is long past, and leaders resembling Apple, HP, IBM, Microsoft, and Oracle have followed the Unicode world wide personality commonplace. but, many software program purposes and websites nonetheless use a bunch of criteria, together with PostScript, TrueType, TeX/Omega, SVG, Fontlab, FontForge, Metafont, Panose, and OpenType. This ebook explores every one choice intensive, and gives historical past in the back of the techniques that contain today's "digital area for writing":
Nowhere else will you discover the dear technical info on fonts and typography that software program builders, net builders, and image artists want to know to get typography and fonts to paintings accurately.
By Greg Shackles
By construction a sequence of straightforward purposes, you are going to adventure the benefits of utilizing .NET in cellular improvement and write entire apps that entry the original gains of state-of-the-art 3 most crucial cellular platforms.
- Learn the development blocks for development purposes on iOS, Android, and home windows Phone
- Discover how the Mono instruments have interaction with iOS and Android
- Use numerous ideas and styles for maximizing non-UI code reuse
- Determine how a lot performance can move into the shared company good judgment layer
- Connect to exterior assets with .NET's wealthy networking stack
- Read and write information utilizing each one platform's filesystem and native database
- Create apps to discover the systems' position and mapping capabilities
By Kelly Black
A functional consultant that can assist you study and comprehend the programming recommendations essential to take advantage of the entire strength of R
About This Book
- Learn and comprehend the programming thoughts essential to remedy particular difficulties and accelerate improvement techniques for statistical types and applications
- Explore the basics of creating items and the way they application person elements of bigger facts designs
- Step-by-step advisor to appreciate how OOP may be utilized to program and information versions inside of R
Who This publication Is For
This booklet is designed for individuals with a few event in easy programming practices. it's also assumed that they have got a few uncomplicated event utilizing R and are wide-spread utilizing the command line in an R surroundings. Our basic objective is to elevate a newbie to a extra complicated point to make him/her more well-off growing courses and increasing R to unravel universal problems.
What you'll Learn
- Understand the elemental information forms and knowledge buildings in R
- Explore the fundamental instructions and instruments to help in addressing universal tasks
- Use the first keep an eye on constructions in R to enforce algorithms
- Use and boost S3 and S4 classes
- Discover the diversities among S3 and S4 classes
- Bring assorted rules jointly to resolve universal problems
- Understand the elemental layout and method of object-oriented programming in R
R is most suitable to provide facts and visible analytics via customizable scripts and instructions, rather than standard statistical instruments that offer tick containers and drop-down menus for clients. The ebook is split into 3 components that will help you practice those steps. It begins by way of supplying you with an outline of the elemental facts forms, info constructions, and instruments to be had in R which are used to unravel universal projects. It then strikes directly to supply insights and examples on object-oriented programming with R; this comprises an creation to the fundamental keep an eye on buildings on hand in R with examples. it is also information on the way to enforce S3 and S4 periods. eventually, the publication offers 3 designated examples that reveal the best way to deliver all of those rules together.
By James Chambers
A no-nonsense consultant to holding web pages in home windows Azure
If you are looking for an easy, functional advisor to get Azure web pages up and operating, then this can be the e-book for you. This to-the-point advisor offers you the instruments you must stream and hold an internet site within the cloud. you will discover the good points that almost all have an effect on builders and find out how they are often leveraged to paintings on your virtue. Accompanying tasks improve your studying event and assist you to stroll away with a radical knowing of Azure's supported applied sciences, website deployment, and administration instruments and the way to watch and scale their application.
- Addresses the construction, deployment, and scaling of applications
- Looks at supported undertaking kinds and technologies
- Reviews resource keep watch over integration and liberate management
- Walks you thru scaling, configuring, and tracking your site
- Provides a undertaking outfitted at the ASP.NET MVC framework that demonstrates many middle positive aspects of home windows Azure websites
Windows Azure Websites is a perfect source for a person who develops net purposes and needs to maneuver them to the cloud.
By Clare Churcher
The challenge of ways to layout a database is often encountered via these now not particularly proficient and practiced within the artwork. This booklet, hence, is written with the lay individual in brain. In basic language, the writer makes use of examples from her real-life adventure to spotlight the categories of difficulties which can end result from terrible layout, to encourage readers to do sturdy layout. She then is going directly to offer a valid process that readers can stick with for you to produce a great layout. whereas concentration is on imposing designs in relational databases, the writer doesn't omit these readers who will decide to enforce their database in a spreadsheet reminiscent of Microsoft Excel.
Now in its fourth version, A booklet on C keeps the positive factors that experience made it a confirmed, best-selling educational and reference at the ANSI c program languageperiod. This version builds at the many current strengths of the textual content to enhance, replace, and expand the insurance of C, and now comprises details on transitioning to Java and C++ from C.Beginners programmers alike will enjoy the a variety of examples and large workouts constructed to steer readers via each one notion. step by step dissections of application code remove darkness from the right kind utilization and syntax of c programming language constructs and exhibit the underlying good judgment in their software. The readability of exposition and layout of the e-book make it a good reference on all points of C.Highlights of A booklet on C, Fourth version: New and up-to-date programming examples and dissections-the authors' trademark method for illustrating and educating language concepts.Recursion is emphasised with revised assurance in either the textual content and exercises.Multifile programming is given larger awareness, as are the problems of correctness and kind safeguard. functionality prototypes are actually used during the text.Abstract info kinds, the major thought essential to figuring out gadgets, are conscientiously covered.Updated fabric on transitioning to C++, together with insurance of the real ideas of object-oriented programming.New assurance is equipped on transitioning from C to Java.References to key programming services and C positive aspects are supplied in handy tables.
By Rajaram Regupathy
While you're a multimedia developer on Android platform you would like USB for media move or playback audio. This ebook explores MTP and USB Audio in either USB machine and USB host mode.
If you're an middle developer who paintings on charging you want to comprehend USB charging specification that is defined within the book,
If you're a networking developer attracted to tethering, USB performs a task utilizing RNDIS specification that is defined within the book
If you're an program developer drawn to coping with USB units in from an Android platform, this publication explores Android USB carrier framework which manages USB functionalities
Last now not the least, Android Debug Bridge (ADB) the debugging instrument of Android is over USB and data of its internals is a outline worth upload for any software or platform developer. This e-book information the inner of ABD until eventually the kernel level.
Thus this publication covers every thing approximately USB on Android from diverse USB periods supported in gadget mode to the USB host framework that manages USB gadget hooked up to an Android platform. every one bankruptcy will clarify USB classification specification prior to exploring how the performance (class) is carried out in Android. this offers a fresh point of view for you as a reader on what the USB specification calls for and the way it applied in Android.
What you will learn
- Understand Android USB framework from APIs to the kernel layer and allow develop USB software development.
- Learn all significant USB functionalities through exploring the USB classification specification no longer lined in any of the USB books
- Learn the newly brought Android Open accent (AOA) Protocol and discover constructing NFC reader utilizing AOA protocol.
- Learn serious adjustments within the Android USB framework among diversified Android versions.
- Learn how USB charging works with rationalization from the USB Battery Specification.
- Learn find out how to swap among MTP to Mass garage and vice versa to proportion garage to host PC.
Who this ebook is for
- The basic audiences of this booklet are program builders and engineers who do fingers on paintings with Android. This ebook is for an program developer who has an APP notion with USB and wonders how one can enforce it. This ebook might be a distinct advisor for the developer and aid him/her to control USB on Android.
- With the booklet protecting from APIs to the Linux kernel, middle platform builders unearths it effortless to place information element to debug. therefore center Android platform builders engaged on USB, Audio, media and others are the subsequent fundamental audiences of the book.
- Technical Managers or Architects or senior managers who search for eagle eye view of a process, are the secondary audiences of the ebook. The e-book will allow them to appreciate the various blocks of the Android USB subsystem and might aid plan and estimate complexity involved.
- Student and engineers can use this ebook as a do it your self reference e-book because the booklet explains assorted blocks the Android USB framework from software point to the kernel. scholars can use related learn method of comparable Android framework.
By Dayle Rees
"Web program improvement with the Laravel framework model four for beginners."
This name is the successor to Laravel: Code satisfied, which offered nearly 3000 copies final 12 months, and was once one of the pinnacle studying assets for the Laravel framework. At $29 and less expensive than a great pizza, you'll get the e-book in its present partial shape, in addition to all destiny chapters, updates, and fixes at no cost. As of the day I final up to date this description, Code vibrant had 260 pages and was once simply getting begun. to offer you a few viewpoint on how special it truly is, Code satisfied used to be 127 pages in its entire state.
Leanpub, the internet shop, permits authors to replace their books indefinitely.
This model was once published by means of the writer on 2013-07-14.
By Thearon Willis
Visible simple 2010 bargains loads of performance in either instruments and language. nobody booklet may possibly ever disguise visible easy 2010 in its entirety—you would want a library of books. What this booklet goals to do is to get you began as quick and simply as attainable. It indicates you the roadmap, as a way to converse, of what there's and the place to move. as soon as now we have taught you the fundamentals of making operating functions (creating the home windows and controls, how your code may still deal with unforeseen occasions, what object-oriented programming is, find out how to use it on your functions, etc) we’ll convey you the various parts you'll want to attempt your hand at subsequent.