By Michael James Fitzgerald
You shouldn't have to understand every little thing a couple of vehicle to force one, and also you need not understand every thing approximately Ruby to begin programming with it. Written for either skilled and new programmers alike, Learning Ruby is a just-get-in-and-drive publication -- a hands-on instructional that provides plenty of Ruby courses and allows you to know the way and why they paintings, simply enough to get you rolling down the road.
Interest in Ruby stems from the recognition of Rails, the internet improvement framework that is attracting new devotees and refugees from Java and Hypertext Preprocessor. yet there are many different makes use of for this flexible language. how you can examine is to simply test the code! you can find examples on approximately each web page of this publication so you might imitate and hack. in brief, this book:
- Outlines a few of the most crucial gains of Ruby
- Demonstrates the best way to use conditionals, and the way to control strings in Ruby. incorporates a part on general expressions
- Describes how one can use operators, simple arithmetic, features from the mathematics module, rational numbers, etc.
- Talks you thru Ruby arrays, and demonstrates hashes in detail
- Explains the way to approach documents with Ruby
- Discusses Ruby periods and modules (mixins) intimately, together with a quick creation to object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Introduces processing XML, the Tk toolkit, RubyGems, mirrored image, RDoc, embedded Ruby, metaprogramming, exception dealing with, and different topics
- Acquaints you with a number of the necessities of Rails, and incorporates a brief Rails tutorial.
Each bankruptcy concludes with a suite of assessment questions, and appendices give you a word list of phrases on the topic of Ruby programming, plus reference fabric from the ebook in a single handy situation. that allows you to take Ruby out for a force, Learning Ruby holds the keys.
PDF | English | fifty six pages
From the group at the back of Linux person & Developer journal, RasPi is the fundamental advisor to getting the main out of the Raspberry Pi credit-card sized desktop. choked with specialist tutorials on tips on how to layout, construct and code with the Raspberry Pi, this electronic journal will teach and encourage a brand new new release of coders and makers. a brand new factor could be published each month so obtain the app and sign up for one among our awesome deals this present day. What you’ll locate in each issue:
• Get hands-on together with your Raspberry Pi • outstanding RasPi tasks in each one issue
• effortless to stick with step by step tutorials
• research new coding suggestions
By Stanley B. Lippman
Bestselling Programming educational and Reference thoroughly Rewritten for the recent C++11 Standard
Fully up to date and recast for the newly published C++11 common, this authoritative and accomplished advent to C++ can assist you to benefit the language speedy, and to take advantage of it in sleek, powerful methods. Highlighting today’s most sensible practices, the authors exhibit the way to use either the middle language and its normal library to write down effective, readable, and strong code.
C++ Primer, 5th variation, introduces the C++ ordinary library from the outset, drawing on its universal capabilities and amenities that can assist you write valuable courses with out first having to grasp each language element. The book’s many examples were revised to take advantage of the recent language good points and reveal how one can make the simplest use of them. This publication is a confirmed educational for these new to C++, an authoritative dialogue of center C++ innovations and strategies, and a precious source for knowledgeable programmers, particularly these wanting to see C++11 improvements illuminated.
Start quick and accomplish More
- Learn tips to use the recent C++11 language gains and the normal library to construct strong courses quick, and get ok with high-level programming
- Learn via examples that remove darkness from today’s most sensible coding types and software layout suggestions
- Understand the “rationale at the back of the rules”: why C++11 works because it does
- Use the broad crossreferences that can assist you attach similar options and insights
- Benefit from up to date studying aids and workouts that emphasize key issues, assist you to prevent pitfalls, advertise reliable practices, and make stronger what you’ve learned
Access the resource code for the prolonged examples from informit.com/title/0321714113
C++ Primer, 5th Edition, positive aspects an superior, layflat binding, which permits the ebook to stick open extra simply whilst put on a flat floor. This distinctive binding method—notable via a small house contained in the spine—also raises toughness.
By Roger Engelbert
With Cocos2d-x you don’t need to be a programming whiz to be a genius at video game layout. This instructional can help unharness your internal creativity with plenty of enjoyable tutorials. Get the information to construct nice cross-platform second games.
- Learn to construct multi-device video games in uncomplicated, effortless steps, letting the framework do the entire heavy lifting
- Spice issues up on your video games with effortless to use animations, particle results, and physics simulation
- Quickly enforce and try your personal gameplay rules, with a watch for optimization and portability
- Enjoy construction the video games up to you'll take pleasure in enjoying them
Cocos2d-x is the C++ port of arguably the most well-liked open resource second framework on this planet. Its predecessor used to be constrained to the Apple relations yet with Cocos2d-x you could take your purposes to all significant app shops, with minimal additional paintings. provide your video games a bigger target market with nearly no additional hassle.
"Cocos2d-X by means of instance Beginner's consultant" lets you construct your individual pass platform video games utilizing all of the merits of a time verified framework, plus the splendor and straightforwardness of C++.
Each of the six video games constructed during this ebook will take you extra at the highway to changing into knowledgeable online game developer without fuss and lots of fun.
Follow six tutorials for 6 very diversified video games that leverage the convenience of Cocos2D-X and its fast implementation, relocating from basic rules to extra complicated issues in online game development.
In easy-to-follow steps, the booklet teaches you ways to take complete benefit of the framework by way of including animations and lighting tricks, enforcing a physics engine, and optimizing your games.
Prepare your venture for a number of structures and the best way to take your online game innovations to completion.
"Cocos2d-X through instance Beginner's advisor" will current to you, in six varied video games, the subjects essential to construct one of the most well known and enjoyable kinds of video games today.
What you'll research from this book
- Make your video games glance cooler with particle effects
- Create position holder sprites to quick attempt your online game ideas
- Load exterior info into your games
- Build online game menus and tutorials
- Implement game-wide occasions with notifications
- Create a splash online game with a textured terrain
- Build a Box2D puzzle online game with a number of levels
- Create a hybrid iOS and Android project
Get to grips with Cocos2D-X utilizing step by step examples. Roger Engelbert may have you smiling all through and studying priceless details at each turn.
Who this publication is written for
If you've got magnificent rules for wonderful video games and wish to convey them to existence, then this booklet is what you would like. paintings via easy-to-follow examples and study precisely what you want to be aware of to make your video games a fact. No programming event necessary!
By Herbert Schildt
One other gem from Herb Schildt--best-selling programming writer with greater than 2.5 million books offered! C: the total Reference, Fourth version delivers complete info on C99, the recent ANSI/ISO regular for C. you will get in-depth insurance of the c program languageperiod and serve as libraries in addition to the entire most up-to-date C positive aspects, together with constrained guidelines, inline capabilities, variable-length arrays, and complicated math. This jam-packed source comprises thousands of examples and pattern purposes.
By Pieter Hintjens
Dive into ØMQ (aka ZeroMQ), the clever socket library that provides you quickly, effortless, message-based concurrency to your functions. With this quick-paced consultant, you’ll study hands-on tips on how to use this scalable, light-weight, and hugely versatile networking software for changing messages between clusters, the cloud, and different multi-system environments.
ØMQ maintainer Pieter Hintjens takes you on a journey of real-world functions, utilizing prolonged examples in C that can assist you paintings with ØMQ’s API, sockets, and styles. the best way to use particular ØMQ programming ideas, construct multithreaded functions, and create your personal messaging architectures. You’ll observe how ØMQ works with numerous programming languages and such a lot working systems—with very little cost.
- Learn ØMQ’s major styles: request-reply, publish-subscribe, and pipeline
- Work with ØMQ sockets and styles by means of development numerous small applications
- Explore complicated makes use of of ØMQ’s request-reply development via operating examples
- Build trustworthy request-reply styles that hold operating whilst code or fails
- Extend ØMQ’s center pub-sub styles for functionality, reliability, country distribution, and monitoring
- Learn ideas for construction a allotted structure with ØMQ
- Discover what’s required to construct a general-purpose framework for allotted applications
By Theresa Neil
When you’re stressed to provide a well-designed, easy-to-navigate cellular app, there’s no time to reinvent the wheel—and no use to. this convenient reference offers greater than ninety cellular app layout styles, illustrated by way of 1,000 screenshots from present Android, iOS, and home windows cellphone apps.
Much has replaced considering the fact that this book’s first version. cellular OSes became more and more assorted, using their very own layout conventions and styles, and lots of designers have embraced mobile-centric considering. during this variation, person adventure expert Theresa Neil walks product managers, designers, and builders via layout styles in eleven categories:
- Navigation: get styles for fundamental and secondary navigation
- Forms: holiday industry-wide behavior of undesirable shape design
- Tables: exhibit in basic terms an important information
- Search, style, and clear out: make those capabilities effortless to use
- Tools: create the appearance of direct interaction
- Charts: study top practices for easy chart design
- Tutorials & invites: invite clients to start and realize features
- Social: support clients attach and turn into a part of the group
- Feedback & Accordance: offer clients with well timed feedback
- Help: combine support pages right into a smaller shape factor
- Anti-Patterns: what to not do whilst designing a cellular app
By Afshin Mehrabani
Design and increase wonderful lively net functions utilizing CreateJS
About This Book
- Illustrates using EaselJS API to customise and improve functionality of complicated applications
- Provides suggestions to universal difficulties confronted via CreateJS users
Who This booklet Is For
What you'll Learn
- Install and configure CreateJS
- Implement the drag-and-drop interactions
- Utilize HTML5 to boost advanced animations with EaselJS and TweenJS
- Improve animation rendering with caching techniques
- Enhance photos and shapes utilizing filters like hue
- Build a UI utilizing CreateJS
Starting with the fundamentals of CreateJS, you'll the way to create your first operating internet software. you are going to achieve sensible adventure of using beneficial properties like drag-and-drop, caching, filtering, and portray, to construct visually amazing net applications.
Filled with sensible examples and vast descriptions, this booklet starts off through aiding you with fitting and configuring the CreateJS suite in several environments. you'll then observe the EaselJS API and enforce the elemental gadgets and techniques. you are going to development to create animations in CreateJS utilizing TweenJS and may learn how to optimize the functionality of animations for larger rendering in several browsers.
You also will discover ways to use the Vector mask to create a number of layers at the canvas.Finally, you'll achieve the services to increase your individual internet purposes, wealthy with beautiful visible renditions and a hands-on adventure of operating with CreateJS.
This is a definitive advisor for somebody who's making plans to exploit the prolific CreateJS suite to advance compelling internet applications.
By Vishal Layka, David Pollak
Learn Scala and its object-oriented and sensible programming features, after which notice the Scala constructs and libraries that let you gather small elements into high-performance, scalable structures. Beginning Scala, moment Edition takes a down-to-earth method of educating Scala that leads you thru easy examples that may be mixed to construct complicated, scalable platforms and applications.
Scala is a multi-paradigm programming language that mixes either practical and object-oriented beneficial properties. in addition, this hugely scalable language lends itself good to development cloud-based/deliverable software program as a provider (SaaS) on-line functions. you'll examine why Scala is judiciously used for serious enterprise purposes by means of best businesses akin to Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, the father or mother, Morgan Stanley, credits Suisse, UBS, and HSBC.
What you’ll learn
• comprehend the elemental syntax and mechanisms for writing Scala programs
• examine the object-oriented gains of Scala
• Use Scala's practical programming positive factors to outline and deal with concurrency
• construct parsers utilizing Scala’s library of parser combinators
• Create and control XML content material utilizing Scala
• make the most of Scala's common annotations or even create your own
• combine and reuse an current Java codebase
• construct tasks that comprise either Scala and Java code and dependencies
• Use Scala libraries and Scala internet frameworks similar to Play 2 to construct net functions with Scala
Who this ebook is for
This publication is for all programming fanatics and for Java builders trying to lessen boilerplate code, increase group functionality, enhance inter-team dynamics, and construct extra scalable and strong structures. additionally, this booklet will attract Java builders seeking to do cloud-based improvement. finally, Ruby, Python, Groovy and different programmers searching for a better functionality and a stronger language will gain.
Table of Contents
1 : Getting began with Scala
2 : fundamentals of Scala
3 : OOP in Scala
4: sensible programming in Scala
5: development matching
6: Scala Collections
8: kinds and Implicits
9: Scala and Java Interoperability
11: development internet functions with Scala
13: Scala most sensible practices
By Steve McConnell
Widely certainly one of the easiest useful publications to programming, Steve McConnell’s unique CODE whole has been supporting builders write greater software program for greater than a decade. Now this vintage e-book has been totally up to date and revised with modern practices—and countless numbers of recent code samples—illustrating the paintings and technology of software program building. taking pictures the physique of data to be had from learn, academia, and daily advertisement perform, McConnell synthesizes the simplest suggestions and must-know rules into transparent, pragmatic assistance. it doesn't matter what your event point, improvement setting, or venture measurement, this booklet will tell and stimulate your thinking—and assist you construct the very best quality code.
realize the undying innovations and methods that assist you:
- Design for minimal complexity and greatest creativity
- Reap the advantages of collaborative improvement
- Apply protective programming concepts to minimize and flush out error
- Exploit possibilities to refactor—or evolve—code, and do it competently
- Use development practices which are right-weight to your venture
- Debug difficulties quick and successfully
- Resolve serious building matters early and properly
- Build caliber into the start, center, and finish of your venture